This is a list-in-progress of resources to use with children and young people to educate them about digital literacy and digital rights.
Most of these resources are suitable for use with older children and teenagers, and some may also be appropriate for introductory university-level courses.
Please contact me with any other resources I can add to this list, or let me know if any of the links are broken. I am particularly interested in resources aimed at younger children primary/elementary school age.
- EDRi ‘Under Surveillance’ comic book
- British Library ‘My Digital Rights’ teaching resources
- Australian Office of the eSafety Commissioner classroom resources
- European Handbook for Teaching Privacy and Data Protection at Schools
- Copyrightuser.org – some content is suitable for teenagers
- Monash University Castan Centre short films:
- Theft! A History of Music graphic novel
- Net Alert on online threats
- Terms and Conditions comic book
- Young Scot ‘Do you know your digital rights?’
- Teen Vogue articles